1.13.2009

Creative Inspiration

We'll be taking a break from the Artist's Spotlight this week and we will pick up next with an all new interview from Willie Blake Davis.

This week I'd like to share my thoughts on creative inspiration. I truly believe inspiration is all around, and you can't miss wonders and miracles God lays in front of your eyes. One of my most favorite things to do is get outside, away from the noise of frenzied people and busy cities, and relax in place that is beautiful and inspiring. I don't have to go far. There are many roads behind my house that lend themselves nicely to this. Or going on a vacation or camping trip. Anywhere that I can surround myself with the simplicities of life, I can find the most inspiration forwhatever I'm working on, whether it be my next photography project, or my next TMG album design.

So the other day, I decided to experiment with my camera, get some one-on-one time with it, and see what we could come up with together. I am not partial to the cold and so unfortunately haven't made it outside to do these little experiments, so I stayed inside and explored. I enjoyed viewing various objects piece by piece and joint by joint.






They are simple pictures, but they are foundations to build upon. I think this principle could span many an area in our lives. If you're reading this, you're probably interested in doing an album with TMG, so I will associate the two.

In the same way these photos are foundations, small parts that equal a whole, the same goes for the process of an album. You dream, you think, you write, you compose, you collaborate, you create, you edit, you create again, you let go, you trust and you fully realize the fruits of all that has transpired. For some the process is quick and easy, for other it is long and tedious. Whatever it is for you, be sure to make it the best it can be. If you're not satisfied, why settle for less?

We at TMG understand the tireless work you have put into your art, your music. We want you to be proud of what you have done, because we are proud too.

1 comment:

Melanie Harr-Hughes, Creative Director said...

Nice stuff Lynly, Can't wait to see more of your photography!