2.16.2009

TMG Artist Spotlight: Juda


This week's artist spotlight focuses on the talents of Juda. With an unstoppable passion for God, Juda writes songs that speak truth to encourage anyone going through hard times. Her contemporary music has an eclectic blend of jazz and ethnic instruments.

1. When did you begin singing/performing?

I've sung in choirs and praise teams for all my life. But it wasn't until 2005 that I began to sing solo.

2. What inspired you to begin singing/performing?

Meeting my birth mother in 2005. When she told me I was conceived by 8 men attacking her, I just cried. She patted my shoulder and said,"Honey, stop your crying. I've forgiven those men and look what God has done. He has brought you back to me. God is faithful!" I was inspired to write God is Faithful and gave it to her on my Valentine birthday. Others heard it and encouraged me to do a full CD.

3. What kind of hurdles, if any, did you have to go through to be where you are today?

Feeling unworthy at first was the biggest hurdle. But with God there was a quick turn around and He placed everything in place to complete the whole project even providing financial supporters.

4. What would you tell other aspiring artists about the music/recording scene?

Trust God in every thing.


5. How would you describe your musical style?

[It's] eclectic with world sounds and lots of rhythm

6. What has been your most embarrassing moment singing/performing in front of an large audience?

Luckily it wasn't a large audience when I forgot my own words!


7. Do you prefer the studio or the stage? Why?

[I] love both. [The] studio for it's creative possibility and [the] stage for ministering to hurting people.


8. Have you started writing your next album?

I do have more songs I am working on.


9. Do you have any gigs lined up in the near future? If so, where?

Most of my gigs wrap around speaking events. I have been invited to Harvard. Date to scheduled. Also I will be speaking and singing at the Republican party group in Houston Texas. Daystar TV will be interviewing me sometime in April.


www.juda4praise.com
www.shoutlife.com/juda4praise

Thank you, Juda!

Be sure to check out new TMG artist, Juda, here at TMG or at your local music stores, set to hit the shelves on 4.14.09!

No comments: