1.06.2009

TMG Artist Spotlight: Roc

This week on the TMG Spotlight we feature Roc, with his new hip hop sounds, he brings to you "What Hip Hop Means".

1. When did you begin singing/performing?
2007.

2. What inspired you to begin singing/performing?
I've always had the habit of expressing myself through words and lyrics. To me, performing is just another level in itself.

3. What kind of hurdles, if any, did you have to go through to be where you are today?
Doubts. Lots of 'em.

4. What would you tell other aspiring artists about the music/recording scene?
It's what you make of it, really. Plain and simple.

5. How would you describe your musical style?
Conscious. I like songs that make people think, so I try to do just that with mine.

6. What has been your most embarrassing moment singing/performing in front of an large audience?
Forgetting my words. You can slip, trip, and fall, but "choking" has got to be the worst.

7. Do you prefer the studio or the stage? Why?
Both, mainly because I see the studio and the stage as two different outlets. Putting down a track or performing to a live crowd; I love either one.

8. Have you started writing your next album?
In a way, yeah. I'm constantly writing, whether or not for the purpose of my next album.

9. Do you have any gigs lined up in the near future? If so, where?
I also got one in March, but the details are to follow. I'm hoping to do a few in New York way before then though, so heads up!

Thanks, Roc!

******

Be sure to check out Roc's myspace page for upcoming gigs and photos.

http://www.myspace.com/roc712

No comments: