3.03.2009

TMG Artist Spotlight: Pekints


This week on the TMG artist spotlight we feature Pekints new album, Party for Eternity, available now in stores! His new rap sound will be sure to meet you where you are and bring a light into a dark world.

Enjoy!

----------

1. When did you begin singing/performing?

I really can’t remember exactly when I started. You know everybody gets a chance to sing in one place or the other while growing up. However, I started getting really serious with singing and performing in 1993 when I gave my life to Christ. I joined the church choir and the music team and it went on from there.

2. What inspired you to begin singing/performing?

Appreciation! That is the first thing that comes to mind. Before I was born again, I had lot of stuff that could make people happy, but I kept feeling a vacuum inside of me. Moreover, I suffered a lot spiritually. I kept on having these horrible nightmares in which strange people repeatedly tried to kill me. I would run so hard in these dreams that I would wake up panting and sweating. Sometimes while lying on the bed awake, I would suddenly feel a strange presence and invisible hands virtually trying to strangulate me. I won’t be able to scream, wake up or run. It was crazy, but guess what… When I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, I was instantly delivered from these oppressions. I was so grateful to God for deliverance, healing and salvation. That is how I got inspiration to sing his praise and tell the whole world what God has done for me and could do for anybody that would come to him.
3. What kind of hurdles, if any, did you have to go through to be where you are today?
It has been an exciting challenge for me to be where I am now. Things get so difficult sometimes in many perspectives and you wonder if God actually called you into the ministry. But God has been more than faithful and merciful to me. He has been there to see me through every mountain and valley and I am very confident he will be there till the end. So despite the hurdles, I know with God, my future is a great one.
4. What would you tell other aspiring artists about the music/recording scene?
Just love it. You really need to love and enjoy what you do. If someone gets involved in the music/recording scene just for the money or fame, there could be serious disappointment lurking around because money and fame don’t just come like that. But if you have a message or talent you really want to share with the world, just keep doing what you do best and have fun at it. Do it with all your heart, mind, talent and resources. When it is time, God will open the door and take you to the next level.
5. How would you describe your musical style?

Contemporary gospel music spiced up with hip-hop, rap, and slow jamz.

6. What has been your most embarrassing moment singing/performing in front of a large audience?

Oh man!!! I have had many embarrassing moments on stage, but I think the worst case happened at a wedding reception. I was invited to perform at a wedding reception weeks before the event. There was no problem. I composed a special song for the couple and even sent them a copy. They were thrilled. However, just one day before the main event, I caught a cold and lost most of my voice. To make matters worse, we could not get a replacement. So I had to GO AND SING. I prayed and went by faith. I managed to pull it off with a rather rough voice. Strangely, many people came up to tell me they really enjoyed the performance. No one seemed to have noticed I had a cold!

7. Do you prefer the studio or the stage? Why?

Stage of course! There is so much energy one could express on stage and there is so much room for creativity, ad-libs and add-ons. Moreover, I believe the Spirit of God has a greater opportunity to move and bless the audience in a special way because of the flexibility on stage. Don’t get me wrong, God moves in the studio too.

8. Have you started writing your next album?

Oh sure. And I can tell you that this one is fully loaded. You will love it. Check my website for details.

9. Do you have any gigs lined up in the near future? If so, where?
Its God’s choice Christian Bookstore (Cd signing) Mar. 27th Christ Embassy Church, Upper Marlboro, MD (Performance) (Please see website for updates)

www.myspace.com/pekints
email: pekintsmusic@gmail.com

Thank you.
--------

Thanks. Pekints!

Look for his album, Party for Eternity, in stores NOW!

No comments: