6.19.2009

TMG Artist Spotlight: Jeff Hill


Hello there! This week on the TMG Artist Spotlight we're talking to local worship leader, Jeff Hill. You can check out his new release, Not that Far, set to hit stores in September. Welcome to the TMG family, Jeff! Thanks for letting TMG be apart of your ministry!

1. When did you begin singing/performing?
I was 8 years old and I sang "I Am A Promise".

2. What inspired you to begin singing/performing?
My parents encouraged me, but I loved it the first time I sang in public.

3. What kind of hurdles, if any, did you have to go through to be where you are today?
Convincing people that you can worship God, even with heavy guitars and drums.

4. What would you tell other aspiring artists about the music/recording scene?
Go into it with your eyes open. It's an awesome & exciting industry but it's not without it's warts.

5. How would you describe your musical style?
Modern, intimate worship

6. What has been your most embarrassing moment singing/performing in front of an large audience?
Like most artists, I have lead worship with my pants unzipped. (I thought everyone was smiling and laughing because they were happy!)

7. Do you prefer the studio or the stage? Why?
I like the stage, the audience gives you something to feed off of. Sound booths rarely respond and sing with you. The studio is fun, but pretty restrictive. I love the freedom of performing live.

8. Have you started writing your next album?
I'm going to see if anyone buys my first one. I have a few thoughts though.


Thanks, Jeff! Good luck to you and your music! You can catch Jeff every Sunday at Trinity Baptist Church in Yukon, OK.

Keep up-to-date with all of Jeff's events on his website, www.jeffhillworship.com and his Facebook.

No comments: